Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 2002 03:33:44 -0500
From:      "Lewis Watson" <lists@visionsix.com>
To:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Amanda-Client Port Configuration

Hi Jorge,
Actually, when I did the client install of amanda it did not add any of
those lines to my inetd.conf. I went in and added the lines for xinetd to
take care of amanda and then using xinetd -d, it showed that the amanda
service was loaded. Once anything tried to connect to the port; xinetd would
suspend the service amanda, and then close the port. Strangely enough, after
doing so it would try to unsuspend amanda but would fail. The port would
remain closed. At this time I am upgrading to xinetd 2.3.9 as 2.3.8 was
included in the 4.7 distribution. Also the amanda services are listed in the
/etc/services file... Any helpful thoughts?
Thanks..
Lewis