Date:      Fri, 09 Feb 2001 20:02:26 +1030
From:      Matthew Thyer <thyerm@camtech.net.au>
To:        "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
Cc:        will@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kappfinder segmentation fault during ports/x11/kdebase2 install on  recent -CURRENT

"Jose M. Alcaide" wrote:

> After replacing qt-2.2.4 by qt-2.2.3 (built from the qt2 port as of
> February, 3 - just before it was updated to 2.2.4), I rebuilt kdebase2
> and now the install process finished with no problems.

I found yeasterday that I can install kdebase2 if I first:
# ln -s aj /etc/malloc.conf
so its probably the old "using a member of a structure that you have
just freed" problem.

I assume that you dont have /etc/malloc.conf at all ?

> I just filed a PR about this issue:
>
>    http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=24952

Thanks.

> BTW, the KDE logout problem continues alive :-(

Dont know about that... I only build KDE2 for the games that my wife
and 4 year old play (They both love Shisen-Sho).