Date:      Wed, 15 May 2002 22:20:59 -0400
From:      Lord Raiden <raiden23@netzero.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Taking control of process

	Hi.  Silly question, but this thought happened to strike me.  Say for
example someone's shelled into a server from a windows box, suddenly
windows bites it, but they're running a mission critical process that if
interrupted perty well will hose the works and the whole system.

	Now, my question is this.  Is there a way to take control of a process or
terminal session that someone else is running should they have to back out
so that what's being done isn't stopped in the middle?  Or if not, can the
command executed via that terminal or ssh session at least be allowed to
orphan off from the controlling terminal session and run on its own till
completion?  Like for example "make world" or "cvsup"??  Can this be done
through another ssh session or only from the console?  Thanks for feeding
my curiosity and I promise not to let it kill me.  :)