Date:      Wed, 20 Nov 2002 19:59:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kenneth Culver <culverk@yumyumyum.org>
To:        "Wilkinson,Alex" <Alex.Wilkinson@dsto.defence.gov.au>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: patches

You don't really write patches... you write code in the current code
that's already there, and then you use diff to generate patches...

this is very easy if you are using cvs to keep track of your code...

cvs diff file.c (I like to use cvs diff -u but that's personal
preferance).

if you aren't using cvs then you have to keep a copy of the original
source and do this

diff -u file.c.orig file.c.modified

Ken