Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 2000 09:34:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        Zherdev Anatoly <tolyar@mx.ru>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: USB cd-writer

My guess is that device is not supported.  I have a Sony spressa USB cdrw
that works with the cdrecord command as a scsi device.  It is not listed
in the HARDWARE.TXT file for 4.2-release even though it worked with 4.1.1
also.  I guess it is just lucky that it works, and unlucky that yours
doesn't.  Or maybe mine works because it can act as a little more
generic scsi device while yours needs a complete driver of it's own
written?  I don't know.  The spressa comes up in my dmesg as:

umass0: OnSpec USB Atapi, rev 1.00/0.06, addr 3
umass0: Get Max Lun not supported (STALLED)
cd0 at umass-sim0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
cd0: <SONY CD-RW  CRX120E 1.0j> Removable CD-ROM SCSI-0 device

	I have another USB device that comes up as just ugen in dmesg too,
and it doesn't work.  Once again, does anybody know where I should send
information to have the spressa included in the list of supported devices?

Sorry I couldn't give you a positive response, Zherdev.

						Tim