Date:      Thu, 10 Sep 1998 12:20:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Stefan Veith <veith@rocketmail.com>
To:        Adam Nealis <adamn@criterion.canon.co.uk>, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Installation: Boot 2.2.7 from SONY CDU33A?

> So, having browsed the on-line handbook today, at work, I notice the
> CDU33A is supported in the GENERIC kernel, so I suppose my questions
> are:
>
>  o is the kernel on the boot floppy a GENERIC kernel?
>  o does this kernel support the CDU33A?

Some time ago, I had a Sony double speed CD-ROM (I think it was named
CDU-33A), and it worked with the GENERIC kernel of any 2.2.X on the
bootfloppy

>  o should I boot with the -c option from the floppy?
>  o Should I boot NT again, and get the I/O port info' from the Device
> Manager in Control Panel just in case?

You should run the device over the original controller, not over a
sound card, I had lots of problems with it. Then, you should be able
to get NT's port addresses and enter them in the -c configuration menu
for device scd0.

           Stefan.