Date:      Thu, 20 Jun 1996 07:54:44 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Anyone seen this bug in inn?

It only happens often enough to drive me crazy.. :-)

Symptoms are that the rebuild of active fails (I'm guessing) and the
active.old file isn't renamed back to active, so then you're running
without an active file and news is unhappy until you go manually move
it back.  It seems that you should be trying to create the new active
file as active.new or something and moving it over, I dunno!  The
current behavior certainly seems broken.

Anyone else seen this?  I've got plenty of disk space in the
paritition in question and it only happens occasionally, leading me to
believe that the rebuild is simply failing due to some internal error
rather than external conditions.

					Jordan