Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 2000 21:54:40 -0600
From:      David Kanter <djkanter@nwu.edu>
To:        FreeBSD stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: C++ writing/compiling with 3.4 stable

I'm a little worried here: I just did make deinstall in the 2.8.1 directory,
but gcc still exists on the system. I'm making 2.95 now, but is there going
to be some kind of conflict, i.e., two versions on the same box? I don't get
the feeling 2.8.1 is totally off the system...even though the package name
no longer shows up.

And which library ports should I get? Will they automatically come with the
2.95 make?

On Thu, Mar 23, 2000 at 06:11:53PM -0600, David Kanter wrote:
> How ANSI/ISO-compliant is 3.4 stable? I ask because compiling a C++ program
> I just wrote needed the header files with the .h extension, and didn't like
> using namespace std;
>
> And which version of gcc should I use? There is a 2.95 (egcs) and 2.8.1
> (gcc) but the glibstdc++ seems to want 2.8.1
> --
> David Kanter
> djkanter@nwu.edu

---end quoted text---