Date:      Tue, 1 Mar 2016 03:51:56 +0100
From:      Moritz Wilhelmy <moritz@wzff.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What is the proper way to install CA root certificates so that curl sees them?

On Tue, Mar 01, 2016 at 09:41:49 +0800, Gregory Orange wrote:
> On 01/03/16 07:08, Moritz Wilhelmy wrote:
> > What's the proper way to install CA root certificates on FreeBSD?
>
> # pkg install ca_root_nss

I meant specifically ones that are not part of the NSS CA bundle (which
is installed but does not contain the CAcert root certificate which I'm
now trying to manually install), because at least curl uses the bundle
as the only hardcoded location, and ignores /etc/ssl/certs completely,
as confirmed via truss(1).

Best regards,

Moritz