Date:      Mon, 30 Jan 2012 21:13:59 -0400
From:      Jan Beich <jbeich@tormail.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [HEADSUP][CFT] pkgng beta1 is out

Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org> writes:

[...]
> It has been done with scripting features in mind: 'pkg query' will allow
> you to query almost everything from the pkgng database in a script friendly
> way.

How to query the date a package was installed? I often manually remove
my packages based on time interval or time + package name after
finishing some task. It can involve pruning lots of deps for software
not yet in ports.

  $ find /var/db/pkg/ -name +DESC -exec \
    stat -f "%Sm %N" -t '%Y-%m-%d %H:%M' {} + \