Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2001 16:44:18 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Anastasia Leventi-Peetz <leventi@fgan.de>
To:        itojun@iijlab.net
Cc:        leventi@fgan.de, jinmei@isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp, net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re:

nice to ask itojun, thank you.
I wish to establish a configured SIT tunnel between a Linux box and
a FreeBSD box. (host to host only)
By the tunnel configuration on Linux side i give
ifconfig sit0 tunnel ::IPv4-Address on the FreeBSD side.
Automatically appears in the Linux routing table the fe80::IPv4(in hex)
of the FreeBSD box as nexthop.
But this address is not accesible because it doesnt exist on the
other side therefore (i believe at least) I don't get a connection
over the tunnel. I have seen routing tables of FreeBSD systems (in Internet)
where fe80::IPv4(in hex)%gif0 was present. I am missing that.
thanks a lot
Anastasia