Date:      Sun, 03 Dec 2000 22:59:01 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@inwind.it>
To:        "Zaitsau, Andrei" <AZaitsau@panasonicfa.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvsup

On 11/10/00, 11:07:19 PM, "Zaitsau, Andrei" <AZaitsau@panasonicfa.com>=20
wrote regarding cvsup:

> Hi I am 100% new to CVSup.
> And I was wondering if someone can guide me through it...
> For example if I want to upgrade /src/sys what would be the best way=20
to do
> it?

You don't want to do that. You keep kernel and userland in synch. See=20
below.=20

> I mean I do not know how do it at all..
> Can someone give me some samples how to do it?

> Thanks.

The handbook (look up for "make world") contains extensive information=20
on source-upgrading as well as on cvsup itself; you may also wish to=20
read cvsup(1); an interesting FAQ regarding cvsup can be found at=20
http://www.polstra.com; the mailing lists archives (viz -stable and=20
-questions) constitute a precious resource, in that problems/woes (and=20
solutions) met with while upgrading are usually posted there.

HTH,
Salvo