Date:      06 Mar 2003 09:21:36 +1030
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Dimitar.Peikov@borg.de, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: boot0cfg

On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 03:26, John Baldwin wrote:
> > It is strange that only F1 works (start Windows XP), while F3 play some
> > sound. Pressing F5 starts Windows XP, but it could be because Windows on
> > my second disk.
> >
> > Yes I know that there are other boot managers like GRUB, but it is another
> > beer.
>
> You need to turn on 'packet' mode by hand.
>
> # boot0cfg -o packet ad0
>
> should do the trick.

Do you think this should be the default?

ie would it fix more things than it breaks?

My feeling is yes...
Or is sysinstall supposed to set the flags based on where you install
stuff?
(I had a quick look but couldn't see anything to indicate this was so)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
GPG Fingerprint - 9A8C 569F 685A D928 5140  AE4B 319B 41F4 5D17 FDD5