Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 1998 01:54:49 +0200
From:      Pierre Beyssac <beyssac@enst.fr>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@FreeBSD.ORG>, bright@hotjobs.com
Cc:        beyssac@enst.fr, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 19980921-BETA: more comments

On Tue, Sep 22, 1998 at 04:14:46PM -0700, Satoshi Asami wrote:
>  * > generate a.out executables when installing packages.
>
> One issue is that not many ports are fixed yet.  We are working on them.

Yes, sorry I really misphrased my comment in a bad way and it doesn't
read at all like what I wanted to say... I should have written "when
*compiling* stuff". This was a remark on the default configuration of
the compiling environment in 3.0 BETA.

I expected it would be clearer by mentioning "the standard GNU
procedure" for installing bash (meaning I recompiled it myself), but it
only added to the confusion.

> If you use "the standard GNU procedure" (as opposed to using our
> ports), you are on your own.  We never know what the hell their
> configure is thinking. :)

Point taken (and granted :)
--
Pierre Beyssac		pb@enst.fr