Date:      Sun, 14 Jan 2001 02:00:23 -0500
From:      "Ryan Masse" <mail@max-info.net>
To:        "Kal Torak" <kaltorak@quake.com.au>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: sendmail queue

heh well let me through a monkey rench into this... I'm using the cyrus-sasl
and sendmail-8.11.1 for smtpauth to control relays. If i do create this
field in the relay-domains /etc/mail won't the smtpauth overwride this and
deny relay withought authenticating? Next question..

> > > This is not needed. sendmail will look at the mx-records, and will
send to
> > > the primary mailserver when it becomes available.

How will the SMS know what the primary MX record is if this machine is on a
sepereate network? how do i configure this?

primary server--->
mail, web, ftp, etc

secondary-->
only secondary mail server

how does the secondary mail server 1. know to queue the mail and not send it
to a local inbox 2. know when to send the queued mail to the primary MX 3.
know the primary MX in the first place?

Sorry i'm missing the connection here =\

Thanks,
Ryan Masse

From: Kal Torak <kaltorak@quake.com.au>
Cc: <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>