Date:      Fri, 25 Aug 1995 20:13:55 +0200
From:      Frank Nobis <fn@trinity.radio-do.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ISDN Anyone?

    >> provider using FreeBSD > > > as a router for a LAN?  If so, how
    >> to?  > > Anybody considering ISDN: Check out the new Zyxel
    >> 2864I, that is > a killer-device for ISDN.  Talks to analog
    >> modems too!  > > http://www.zyxel.com >
    >>
    >> First it sounds good, but yesterday I did a test between a Mac
    >> with the Zyxel against a German ISP. We encountered one big
    >> Problem in the asynchron to synchron conversion.
    >>
    >> A MTU greater then 240 will result in CRC errors on the MacPPP.

    Poul-Henning> Report it to Zyxel then, they are very open for
    Poul-Henning> bug-reports.

    Poul-Henning> Still, you cannot find that amount of functionality
    Poul-Henning> anywhere else and certainly not for that price...

We have reported that error to Zyxel. Now there is the release of
1.07. This one is working great again all the big ISDN Routers.

	-fn-
--
 Frank Nobis				Email: fn@Radio-do.de
 Landgrafenstr. 130			       dg3dcn