Date:      Fri, 29 Mar 2002 16:17:23 +0000
From:      Guilherme Oliveira <guilherme@nortenet.pt>
To:        Yann Ramin <atrus@atrustrivalie.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bug ? Building kernel/world error on Cyrix [resolved]

Yann Ramin wrote:

> Thats the official name of the Cyrix, although they were far from being
> actual 686 CPUs. The clock speed reported is also correct. Cyrix rated

I want my money back !  :))

> them with a PR rating which, unlike the Athlon XP ratings, was overly
> optimistic. Your "200MHz" is a 200PR CPU, which did run at 166MHz, but
> had the performance of maybe a 133 Pentium (I had a 166PR, which ran at
> 133, until it self destructed). I would try changing CPUTYPE to i586 or
> i486.

I did only with optimizations for i386 wich build world+kernel just
fine.

Then I installed world+kernel and builded again with 'CPUTYPE=i686' in
make.conf and 'cpu I686_CPU' in kernel configuration and builded fine
again ...  :/

> All of this doesn't explain the perl related error you're seeing though
> :) Try recvsuping.

I did that several times.
My problem maybe shows some problem that was introduced with some commit
in perl.

I think that I need some option in kernel configuration file specific to
this processor such as CPU_CYRIX_NO_LOCK or CPU_LOOP_EN because when
building breaked in vnode (using i686 optimizations) the cpu was almost
100% ...

Thanks for all !

--
mailto:guilherme@nortenet.pt || http://guilherme.host-valley.com/