Date:      Thu, 4 Sep 1997 00:31:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
To:        ken@plutotech.com (Kenneth Merry)
Cc:        mrcpu@schizo.cdsnet.net, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.0/SMP panic

Kenneth Merry said:

> 	By any chance do you have more than 64MB in your machine and
> options MAXMEM=... in your kernel config file?
>
> 	I did, and I had panics very much like that (in pmap_enter)
> immediately on boot.  When I took the MAXMEM line out (I've got 128MB),
> things worked just fine...  I'm still not sure why, though.
>

> Ken
> --
> Kenneth Merry
> ken@plutotech.com

I have been having the same panic at pmap_enter (note that it ISN'T a
pmap_enter bug.)  At least I can reproduce it, and it appears to be excited
by simple (kernel) code mods or movement.  There is a problem lurking, and I
have spent the last 4-5 days trying to track it down.  I am now more
methodically trying to ferret the problem out, and am trying to fix it ASAP.
It has held up my deliverables and it NEEDS to be fixed!!! :-(.

--
John
dyson@freebsd.org