Date:      Mon, 20 May 1996 10:05:21 +0200
From:      Lutz Albers <lutz@muc.de>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Glimpse3.5 won't make

Chuck Robey wrote on 19.5.1996
  Re: Glimpse3.5 won't make

- Yeah, my new port has been in Paul Walsh's hands for a couple days now,
- he's supposed to get back to me.  The changes were very minor.  I didn't
- do glimpseHTTP ... why don't you make a port of it?

I can do it, there isn't much to 'port', glimpseHTTP is just a bunch of
perl scripts. I've just fixed a bug with weired file names (containing
spaces, # etc) and one security hole (wrong exec command called).

- I don't run a web server here, I can't test glimpseHTTP, so I can't make
- a port of it myself.  I would be willing to make a port if someone else
- is willing to give it a good test ... You?

Fine, it runs now for two weeks on my own server. I'll send you the patches
this week.

ciao
  lutz

Lutz Albers                                     |       What's good ?
Luederitzstr. 14, 81929-Muenchen, Germany       |      Life's good -
<mailto:lutz@muc.de>       ph: +49-89-93940364  | But not fair at all
<http://www.muc.de/~lutz>;  fax:+49-89-93940365  |          (Lou Reed)

Do not take life too seriously, you will never get out of it alive.