Date:      Sat, 28 Aug 1999 05:45:05 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Pritchard <mpp@FreeBSD.org>
To:        chris@calldei.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Please review: rc file changes

> > 	Well, that was definitely the old typographical convention, but in
> > the digital age it's fallen into disfavor. It was easier to delete the
> > second space to make them all consistent, but I can go with double spaces
> > if that's the consensus.
>
>    I've never heard of that.  I've always found that two spaces
> after end-of-sentence punctuation makes things easier to read!
>
>    (Don't think I don't appreciate this, I just love to nitpick. :)

I vote for two spaces after the period before the start of a new sentence.
Even in the digital age, I've always found that the two spaces make
for better reading of text.  I think that most of our formatting
tools do this too (please don't flame me if I'm wrong :-).

-Mike
--
Mike Pritchard
mpp@FreeBSD.org or mpp@mpp.pro-ns.net