Date:      Wed, 9 Jun 1999 16:15:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris McCulloh <dci@ct1.webquill.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compilation Problems

I recently installed FreeBSD 3.2 downloaded in complete from cdrom.com.  Whenever I try to compile a program that uses X header includes, compilation is unsuccessful.  The error messsage given, for example, is the following:

wmapm.c:153: X11/X.h: No such file or directory

But I've checked in /usr/X11R6/include/X11 and X.h is, in fact, present and accounted for.  If I hardcode the location in wmapm.c, the following error message appears:

In file included from wmapm.c:154:
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/xpm.h:76: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory

Again, the file is actually there.  I've search the mailing lists and seen a few other people asking the same, but have not been able to find any resolution.

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Chris