Date:      Sun, 26 Nov 2006 16:15:33 -0000
From:      "Graham Bentley" <gbentley@uk2.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   WiFi Woes !

Hi All,

Can any WiFi gurus help me with this one ?

After clean minimal install of 6.1

# kldload wlan_wep
# kldload wlan_ccmp
# kldload wlan_tkip
# ifconfig ral0 inet 192.168.7.120 netmask 255.255.255.0 ssid cpc channel 11
wep wepkey 0x12345ABCDE

ifconfig ral0 now reports an association, it has the bssid and chnl for my
WAP
correct and the little light comes on the WiFi card. I can ping the ip4
address
of the ral0 interface and get replies however I cant ping the wap or router
?

I have double checked the chnl, ssid and hex key all are correct.

Have tried 'route add 192.168.7.1' and editting rc.conf by hand to no avail.

Anyone advise on this please ?

Thanks !