Date:      Fri, 04 Jan 2002 22:25:44 -0800
From:      Ben Speirs <bspeirs@toxic.magnesium.net>
To:        Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ogle 0.8.2 port update (beta testers ?)

Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira wrote:

> Hi,
>
>         I've updated both ogle and ogle-gui ports to version 0.8.2. I
> would like people to review them and tell me whether they work.
>
>         -STABLE users such as myself have a problem with ogle since
> the ata code can't reliably handle DVDs larger than 4Gb. There is
> a pending MFC fix but we shouldn't expect it soon due to the holidays.
> If you are using -STABLE and it works for you, you are lucky. :)
>
>         Well, everything should work as expected, let me know what do
> you find about this latest release of the nice ogle DVD player. For
> those who do not know it, ogle does support DVD menus.
>
>         The update port versions need to be tested before I commit
> them to the ports' tree. You can grab them at
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~lioux/ogle-0.8.2.tgz
> http://people.freebsd.org/~lioux/ogle-gui-0.8.2.tgz
>
>         Instructions:
>
>         1) remove all ogle ports from your system
>         - pkg_delete ogle*
>
>         2) install the updated ogle port
>
>         3) install the updated ogle-gui port
>
>         Please follow these instructions to the letter. :)
>
>         Regards,
>
> --
> Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
> Computer Science Undergraduate | FreeBSD Committer | CS Developer
> flames to beloved devnull@someotherworldbeloworabove.org
> feature, n: a documented bug | bug, n: an undocumented feature

I just installed & built from the ports tree and get:

/usr/home/bspeirs> ogle
Note[ogle_ctrl]: ogle 0.8.2
Debug[ogle_ctrl]: Started /usr/X11R6/lib/ogle/ogle_gui with pid 37670
warning: failed to load external entity "/home/bspeirs/.oglerc"
WARNING[ogle_gui]: Couldn't load config file
WARNING[ogle_gui]: interpret_config(): Couldn't read
'/home/bspeirs/.oglerc'
Error during dlopen: Cannot open "/lib/libglade.so.4"
Debug[ogle_ctrl]: pid 0, unknown sigchld si_code: 0
Debug[ogle_ctrl]: pid: 37670 exited with status: 1
Debug[ogle_ctrl]: all children dead
Debug[ogle_ctrl]: removing shmid: 3997698
Note[ogle_ctrl]: exiting

I have no "/lib" directory.  Is this a mis-configuration error?  The
libglade is installed on my system.

/usr/home/bspeirs> locate libglade.so.4
/usr/local/lib/libglade.so.4

--