Date:      Wed, 8 May 2002 10:21:17 +1000 (EST)
From:      Andrew <andrew@ugh.net.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linksys WMP11

On Thu, 2 May 2002, Andrew wrote:

> I've just got hold of a LinkSys WMP11 802.11b wireless ethernet card. It
> is detected by the wi driver:

<snip>

> I'm trying to get it to act as a base station/access point but I can't get
> it going in either ad-hoc mode or IBSS. I have a MacOSX box with an
> Airport card to test with.

<snip>

Just for the archives it now works fine with:

ifconfig wi0 inet 10.0.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 stationname ${HOSTNAME}
ssid ${SSID} mediaopt hostap

Speed is still an issue...mac claims 11Mb, FreeBSD 2Mb, speed tests say
5.5...if I try to set the speed witht he media argument to ifconfig the
card stops workign all together...I can live with that though and I'll try
upgrading the firmware on the card to see if it helps.

Andrew