Date:      Fri, 22 Jan 1999 08:49:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Current <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 0112-SNAP system hangs w/ incessant disk activity - softupdates related?

--0-2122900727-917012956=:81847

Attached is a DDB trace that I obtained the next morning after I
posted the original message.  FWIW, I've been running without
softupdates now since rebooting after that crash Monday morning,
and everything is running beautifully (albeit a bit more slowly)
:) mounted default.

I hope this can help.  I hear there are a lot of these traces
floating around that maybe can be pieced together.  I've since
switched to 3.0-STABLE (though make world isn't quite done yet),
so I don't follow -current anymore -- but I figured -current would
be the best place to put this so that it can be fixed in -CURRENT
and backported.

Thanks.