Date:      Mon, 24 May 1999 08:37:06 -0700
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@ontario.mooseriver.com>
To:        David Greenman <dg@root.com>
Cc:        tech@cdrom.com, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wcarchive record

On Mon, May 24, 1999 at 07:23:53AM -0700, David Greenman wrote:
>    As the attached stats show for yesterday (Sunday), we set another new daily
> traffic record on wcarchive. Late Friday night we started testing gigabit
> ethernet with CRL. We broke the 1TB threshold on Saturday with a record 1.12TB
> of traffic, and then broke that the next day with an incredible 1.39TB of
> file downloads.
>    The high numbers for linux are due to the new release of Slackware 4.0 as
> well as residual effects of the Redhat 6.0 release that occured a couple of
> weeks ago.
>
> -DG
>
> David Greenman
> Co-founder/Principal Architect, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
> Creator of high-performance Internet servers - http://www.terasolutions.com

[ DELETED ]

A copy of this announcement can be found at

        http://www.bafug.org/NewRecord.html

Now lets see if slashdot.org will post a notice in under a day.

Josef

--
Josef Grosch           | Another day closer to a |    FreeBSD 3.2
jgrosch@MooseRiver.com |   Micro$oft free world  | UNIX for the masses