Date:      Wed, 12 Jun 2002 13:33:00 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Sanjay Bhattacharya <sanbh@gmx.net>
To:        chia an <alan_qc@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HELPPPPP?

Hi,

  You can run the qmail pop3 server and use a mail client to retrieve mails
also. You can use fetchmail for that as well. Pine can't read directly from
Maildir format. There's a wrapper for pine available in /var/qmail/bin/pinq
which recognizes Maildir format. So use that. Make sure you created the Maildir
directory by the command '/var/qmail/bin/maildirmake /Maildir/' in the users
home directory. Create a file .qmail-user in the users home directory. Put
the following line in that file.
./Maildir/
Check your /var/qmail/rc file. Make sure it uses the Maildir format. After
performing these steps I am sure your users will be able to receive mail.

rgds,
Sanjay

http://www.gmx.net