Date:      Wed, 19 Feb 2003 17:41:46 +0100
From:      "Henrik W Lund" <laksefiskerbsd@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Regarding mounting filesystems...

I'm just wondering how one can make it possible for anyone to mount, say a
CD-ROM or floppy disk, locally? I've played around with permissions on the
devices, on /sbin/mount, placement in groups and whatnot, but when my
ordinary user tries to mount the CD-ROM, all he gets is:

cd9660: /dev/acd0c: Operation not permitted

This seems to be the case no matter what the permissions are. I'm sure it's
a trivial thing, nevertheless it is one of which I am not aware. Can anybody
enlighten me?

Thanks!!
-Henrik,
FreeBSD newbie and fanatic :D