Date:      Tue, 29 Jan 2002 10:24:00 +0100
From:      Ernst de Haan <znerd@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Update port: Jakarta Tomcat (www/jakarta-tomcat)

Jonathan,

Sounds good. I will make the change to the patch. Expect a new proposal this
afternoon with the following changes:

* Appends to the log files, instead of overwriting
* Uses a numeric prefix for the script in ${LOCALBASE}/etc/rc.d
* The tomcatctl script now supports the 'restart' option
* The 'stop' option in the tomcatctl script now uses interprocess
communication instead of a PID file

If I have time, I will test it with mod_jk. I will not commit the changes
unless I know for sure that mod_jk will not work worse than it used to do.

After all this, I will upgrade the port to version 3.3a.

Ernst

--
Ernst de Haan
EuroNet Internet B.V.

    "Come to me all who are weary and burdened
        and I will give you rest" -- Jesus Christ