Date:      Fri, 26 Jan 2001 03:40:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Chris Elsworth <chrise@demon.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/24638: Mesa-3.2.1_1 fails to build on 4.2-STABLE

The following reply was made to PR ports/24638; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Chris Elsworth <chrise@demon.net>
To: Pete Fritchman <petef@databits.net>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 11:39:44 +0000

 On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 10:15:25pm -0500, Pete Fritchman wrote:
 > Works fine for me:
 > electron [1509] % uname -a
 > FreeBSD electron.databits.net 4.2-STABLE FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE #0: Tue Jan  2 21:13:25 EST 2001     root@electron.databits.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ELECTRON  i386
 > electron [1510] % cc -v
 > Using builtin specs.
 > gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)
 > electron [1511] % X -version
 >
 > XFree86 Version 3.3.6 / X Window System
 > (protocol Version 11, revision 0, vendor release 6300)
 > Release Date: January 8 1999
 > [snip other output]

 Hrm. Doh.

 chrise@ultrakill chrise> X -version

 XFree86 Version 4.0.2 / X Window System
 Release Date: 18 December 2000

 Perhaps a pkg_info will come in handy.. sorry its long :)

 chrise@ultrakill chrise> pkg_info
 Mesa-3.2            A graphics library similar to SGI's OpenGL
 ORBit-0.5.1         High-performance CORBA ORB with support for the C
 language
 XFree86-4.0.2_5     X11R6.4/XFree86 core distribution (complete)
 XFree86-aoutlibs-3.3.3 XFree86 a.out compatability libraries
 apache-1.3.14       The extremely popular Apache http server.  Very fast,
 very c
 autoconf-2.13       Automatically configure source code on many Un*x
 platforms
 automake-1.4        GNU Standards-compliant Makefile generator
 bash-2.04           The GNU Borne Again Shell
 bzip2-1.0.1         A block-sorting file compressor
 cdplay-0.92         CD-player with text-based user interface
 cvsup-bin-16.1      A general network file distribution system optimized
 for CVS
 enlightenment-0.16.4 A very artistic X window manager
 esound-0.2.17       A sound library for enlightenment package
 exim-3.20           High performance MTA for Unix systems on the Internet
 fetchmail-5.6.1     Batch mail retrieval/forwarding utility for pop2,
 pop3, apop
 fnlib-0.5           Fonts and font libraries necessary for Enlightenment
 freetype-1.3.1      A free and portable TrueType font rendering engine
 freetype2-2.0.1     A free and portable TrueType font rendering engine
 gbuffy-0.2.2        A GTK+ multiple mailbox "biff" program
 gdk-pixbuf-0.9.0_1  A graphic library for GNOME
 gettext-0.10.35     GNU gettext package
 gkrellm-1.0.5       A GTK based system monitor
 glib-1.2.7          Some useful routines of C programming
 gmake-3.79.1        GNU version of 'make' utility
 gnomeaudio-1.0.0    Sound files for use with GNOME
 gnomecontrolcenter-1.2.2_2 Control center for GNOME project
 gnomecore-1.2.4     Core component for the Gnome Desktop Environment
 gnomelibs-1.2.10    Libraries for GNOME, a GNU desktop environment
 gnuls-4.0           GNU colorized `ls'
 gtk-1.2.7           General Toolkit for X11 GUI
 gtk-engines-0.10    Theme engine for gtk+ toolkits
 guile-1.4           GNU's Ubiquitous Intelligent Language for Extension
 imlib-1.9.8         A graphic library for enlightenment package
 ircii-4.4Z          The 'Internet Relay Chat' Client
 jpeg-6b             IJG's jpeg compression utilities
 libaudiofile-0.1.9  A sound library for SGI audio file
 libcdaudio-0.99.4   A library for playing audio CDs
 libghttp-1.0.5      GNOME http client library
 libmikmod-3.1.9     MikMod Sound Library, version 3.1.6
 libogg-20001018     Ogg bitstream library
 libproplist-0.10.1  Property library for gnome and Window Maker
 libslang-1.4.2      Routines for rapid alpha-numeric terminal applications
 devel
 libtool-1.3.4_1     Generic shared library support script
 libungif-4.1.0      Tools and library routines for working with GIF images
 libvorbis-20001018  MP3-comparable audio compression codec library
 libxml-1.8.7        Xml parser library for GNOME
 licq-1.0.2          X11 and QT-based ICQ-compatible program
 linux_base-6.1      The base set of packages needed in Linux mode
 lmmon-0.65          Display information gathered from MB power management
 contro
 lynx-2.8.3.1        A non-graphical, text-based World-Wide Web client
 m4-1.4              GNU's m4
 man2html-3.0.1      Convert nroff(1) man pages to HTML
 mkisofs-1.13        Create iso9660/Rock Ridge/Joliet filesystems
 mpg123-0.59r        Command-line player for mpeg layer 1, 2 and 3 audio
 mutt-1.2.5          The Mongrel of Mail User Agents (part Elm, Pine, Mush,
 mh, e
 ncftp1-1.9.5        FTP replacement with advanced user interface
 netcat-1.10         Simple utility which reads and writes data across
 network co
 netscape-navigator-4.73 Netscape ver 4.7 navigator web-surfboard
 netscape-navigator-4.74 Netscape ver 4.7 navigator web-surfboard
 netscape-navigator-4.76 Netscape ver 4.7 navigator web-surfboard
 netscape-remote-1.0 Utility to pass commands to running netscape process
 netscape-wrapper-2000.06.28 Netscape wrapper to avoid multiple invocation
 and more
 nmap-2.53           Port scanning utility for large networks
 ntop-1.1            Shows network usage with an interface similar to
 top(1)
 pgp-6.5.1i          Public-Key encryption for the masses
 png-1.0.5           Library for manipulating PNG images
 png-1.0.7           Library for manipulating PNG images
 procmail-3.15       A local mail delivery agent
 qt-2.1.1            A C++ X GUI toolkit
 rar-2.02            File archiver (binary port)
 rsaref-2.0          Encryption/authentication library, RSA/MDX/DES
 rxvt-2.7.3          A low memory usage xterm replacement that supports
 color
 screen-3.9.8_5      A multi-screen window manager
 slrn-0.9.6.3        SLang-based newsreader
 squid-2.3           The successful WWW proxy cache and accelerator
 ssh-1.2.27          Secure shell client and server (remote login program)
 sudo-1.6.3.5        Allow others to run commands as root
 t1lib-1.0.1         A Type 1 Rasterizer Library for UNIX/X11
 tcl-8.3.1           Tool Command Language
 tiff-3.5.4          Tools and library routines for working with TIFF
 images
 tk-8.3.1            Graphical toolkit for TCL
 trafshow-3.1_1      Full screen visualization of the network traffic
 ttmkfdir-0.0        Create fonts.scale file for use with TrueType font
 server
 unzip-5.41          List, test and extract compressed files in a ZIP
 archive
 vim-6.0n            Vi "workalike", with many additional features
 vnc-3.3.3.2         Display X and Win32 desktops on remote X/Win32/Java
 displays
 wget-1.6_1          Retrieve files from the 'net via HTTP and FTP
 windowmaker-0.62.1  GNUStep-compliant NeXTStep window manager clone
 wmmatrix-0.2        A DockApp that runs a version of the xmatrix
 screenhack
 wmpinboard-0.10     Post-it notes for the WindowMaker dock or AfterStep
 Wharf
 wmsun-1.03          A dockapp that displays the rise and set time of the
 sun
 wrapper-1.0_1       Wrapper for X server
 xbuffy-3.3          A replacement for xbiff that handles multiple mail
 files
 xchat-gnome-1.6.3   An X11 IRC client using the GTK+ toolkit, and
 optionally, GN
 xpdf-0.92           Display tool for PDF files
 xplanet-0.73        Draw pictures of the earth textured by an image
 xpm-3.4k            The X Pixmap library
 xtestpicture-1.2    Create a full-screen image to adjust your monitor
 xv-3.10a            An X11 program that displays images of various formats
 zip-2.3             Create/update ZIP files compatabile with pkzip

 I have Mesa 3.2 in there, that built fine, whenever I made that, probably
 a few months ago, but the latest xlockmore and xscreensaver appear to want
 3.2.1..

 Anything I should be looking at as to why this isn't working?

 --
 Chris Elsworth               tel: 020 8371 1041        _            .
 Systems Administrator        mob: 07968 324 693       demon @ thus . .