Date:      Sun, 27 Jan 2002 21:45:13 -0600
From:      Doug Swarin <doug@staff.texas.net>
To:        Scott Long <scott_long@btc.adaptec.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, bright@mu.org, sobomax@freebsd.org, kris@obsecurity.org
Subject:   Re: Panic in ufs_dirbad()

On Sat, Jan 26, 2002 at 10:38:54PM -0700, Scott Long wrote:
> Besides this somewhat empirical evidence, is there any other reason
> that you suspect the aac controller?  Can you post the relevant dmesg
> lines that describe this controller?  We make pretty heavy use of
> our aac controller here, with very good results.  I'd like to help
> narrow this down, since data corruption is not a typical failure
> mode of these controllers or the aac driver.

The relevant dmesg lines were in the message; I've reproduced them below.
I had no reason to suspect the controller before Matt Dillon mentioned
it during and after our debugging session.

I'm still waiting on diagnostic testing on the machine in question. I've
had no problems that I can directly trace to the controller.

--
Doug Swarin, Programmer
doug (at) texas dot net