Date:      Fri, 9 Jun 1995 08:45:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      william pechter ILEX <pechter@stars.sed.monmouth.army.mil>
To:        jkh@freefall.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        FreeBSD-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD-hackers)
Subject:   Re: net.errors getting ALPHA

> > It was a really bad idea to remove the checksums from all of the dists...
> > We need them back in, as well as for the install process to verify ALL
> > checksums before committing to anything.
>
> Sorry, the checksums will come back, but it was far too difficult to
> implement for 2.0.5.  2.1R, yes.  2.0.5R, no.  If you contest the
> degree of difficulty then by all means, look at the sources in
> /usr/src/release/sysinstall and send me appropriate context
> diffs.. :-)
>
> For now, you need to have a reasonably reliable transfer medium or all
> bets are off.

Can't they be kept in a file in the 2.0.5-RELEASE directory
so we can manually check them against what we FTP from
the net.

I'm not looking for them in sysinstall -- just for the ftp
to my site here.

I'll build floppies or tape -- but I want to be sure what I'm
cutting to tape or disk is good.

Bill
 Bill Pechter |Systems Administrator  | N2RDI
 Ilex Systems |170 Patterson Ave      | Shrewsbury, New Jersey 07702
 908-532-2369 |pechter@sesd.ilex.com  | pechter@stars.sed.monmouth.army.mil