Date:      31 Aug 1995 21:38:24 GMT
From:      knarf@nasim.cube.net (Frank Bartels)
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   GNU finger

Hi,

a while ago (maybe about november last year) I ported GNU finger 1.37
to FreeBSD 1.1.5. As one of my first mails to a freebsd list, I submitted
the diffs I used to compile it. In the meantime I upgraded to 2.0 and
last weekend to 2.0.5 and recompiled everything to have a clean system
again. I tried to port GNU finger 1.37 again (I lost the diffs and
cannot find them in my personal mail archive) but in.cfingerd does
not report anything useful to fingerd. My FreeBSD 1.1.5 binary still
works fine but as this is the very last binary using compat1x I want
to recompile.

Anyone here has working diffs for GNU finger? If it does not disagree
with the policy, we also should make an official port of it.

Bye,
Knarf
--
    Frank Bartels    |    UUCP/ZModem/Fax: + 49 89 5469593     | MiNT is
knarf@nasim.cube.net | Login: nuucp Index: /pub/ls-lR.nasim.gz | Now TOS!