Date:      Thu, 22 Jul 1999 12:46:15 +0300
From:      "Andy V. Oleynik" <andyo@prime.net.ua>
To:        Administrator <ROOT@seaport.sts.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: question about ppp

Administrator wrote:

> Dear sirs,
>
> I am a begginner in FreeBSD using and have problems I didn't find
> in FAQs.
>
> 1.
>
> I run ppp over "tun0" device.
> I connect to my ISP interactively using term command.
> After connect is established I give "set ifaddr 10.0.0.1/0 10.0.0.255/0

the 3d arg to set command is a broadcast address of ur network.
Change it for smth elese.
Also ifconfig -a
netstat -rn would be good to have here.

> 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0", "delete ALL" and "add 0 0 HISADDR" commands.
> The checking with "ifconfig tun0" gives something like that 8050<UP,
> RUNNING and so on> x.x.x.x --> y.y.y.y netmask ...
>
> I set my private inet address to 10.0.0.1
> My FreeBSD version# 2.2.5
>
> The problem is I can't log in Internet. My "lynx" gives "Unable to access
> to remote host" when I query a remote address.
> (I didn't specify "nameserver" in /etc/resolv.conf as in MS WINDOWS
> Internet client may not specify DNS server. It must be I'm wrong here.)
>
> What did I wrong? Help me, please.
>
> 2.
>
> Are there any SMTP/POP3 clients for (MS)DOS?
>
> Great thanx in advance.
> Boris

WBW  Andy V. Oleynik            (When U work in virtual office
prime.net.ua's                   U have good chance to obtain
system administrator             virtual money ö%-)
+380442448363