Date:      Wed, 03 Jun 1998 07:57:53 +0200
From:      Norbert Bladt <abladtn@autelca.ascom.ch>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Adaptec 7880 on-board supported ?

Hello you SCSI /FreeBSD experts !

I am about to upgrade my system at home.
Now I saw a special offer for the Gigabyte GA-686DLX mainboard.
This is a Dual Pentium-II mainboard with all the bells and whistles
and it includes an on-board Adaptec 7880 Ultra-SCSI controller.

Now an essential question for me is the support of FreeBSD and whether
anyone has any experience with this board/setup.
So, will it work with FreeBSD 2.2.x or even 3.x ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

Best regards,

Norbert Bladt.

P.S.
I did take a look in the FreeBSD online handbook and just the
on-board Adaptec 7850 was mentioned in the supported configurations.
I don't know what the difference is between the 7850 and the 7880,
though.

--
Norbert Bladt		 Payphone Management System Software Development
ascom Autelca AG