Date:      Tue, 19 Jan 1999 22:55:48 -0600
From:      Troy Kittrell <troyk@basspro.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Jamie Cameron <jcameron@webmin.com>
Subject:   Bind 8/Webmin

I had recently suggested to everyone that they look at webmin
(www.webmin.com) as a tool to administer all the FreeBSD boxes that seem
to pop up once we find out how useful FreeBSD is. Well, I found an
interesting anomoly tonight with webmin and Bind 8 that Jamie solved
with no problem.
  I was adding, manually, a line to the options section of
/etc/named.conf:

	listen-on {10.1.1.53};

..which bind 8.1.2 (named) allows, but is not precisely accurate. The
line should read
	listen-on {10.1.1.53;};

  When I added this line by hand, webmin would thereafter report that no
zones had been defined. After adding the additional semi-colon ( as
Jamie suggested) webmin operated as expected.

  The Bind 8.1.2 documention that I have that directly addresses adding
this option doesn't say that a semi-colon is required after *any* IP
address when using this option, but it does state it is required after
any address when using multiple listen-to addresses. webmin follows this
rule with one to many addresses in this option.
--

	Troy Kittrell
	troyk@basspro.com