Date:      Mon, 28 May 2012 09:21:38 +0000
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Repeated build failures in expr due to yyparse

On 28. May 2012, at 08:42 , Konstantin Belousov wrote:

> On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 11:14:40PM +0000, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
>> Running a make -s -j5 buildworld;  cleaned the entire obj tree =
meanwhile.
>> Builds are running on a slightly older HEAD thought with an updated =
libc
>> and some headers.
>>=20
>> I can reproduce this all the time.  Buildworld at this stage should =
be
>> self-contained, right?  So why is it failing?
> Can it be because you broke your system by 'updating libc and some =
headers' ?
> The cross-tools build is conditional on the host system OSRELDATE (see
> OSRELDATE and BOOTSTRAPPING story in src/Makefile.inc1). The new yacc
> bootstrap build is enabled only if your __FreeBSD_version is less then
> 1000013. So if the host yacc is older (before recent import), but =
system
> headers identify the host as newer, you get an error.
>=20
> Why did you 'updated libc and some headers' at all ?

I needed to update headers to be able to recompile ifconfig after some
additions; then got bitten by that not compiling as libc didn't include
the symbol for _ThreadRuneLocale yet but the header was already picked =
up.
So had to re-do libc as well.

Doing a make clean cleandepend obj depend all install for expr and yacc
has helped and re-starting buildworld succeeded.

So /usr/include/osrealdate.h being updated was the culprit most likely.
*grml* fragile stuff.  I can see the point though.

/bz

--=20
   It does not matter how good you are. It matters what good you do!