Date:      Wed, 28 Feb 2001 01:49:28 EST
From:      AMDMCG@aol.com
To:        dougy@bryden.apana.org.au, jpaetzel@hutchtel.net, AMDMCG@aol.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HeLP!!! i am trying to install bsd linux and it wont install or give me e...

--part1_30.111525ad.27cdf978_boundary

Doug,
I was trying to install FreeBsd4.2 and I am chalking it up to lack of support
on the
baseline image files that I am putting onto the 2 standard bootable "LINUX
floppies"
to bootstrap load a linux/unix/freebsd kernel into ram .... that works just
fine...
but the Sony CDROM cdu33a device ... does not seem to be supported by freebsd
or
by linuxpro5.4 or by easylinux2.4 ... which begs the question ... did i buy a
lemon
of a CDROM drive .. Or did Sony stop supporting it or no one has gotten
around to writing a driver or a special bootable kernel floppy image yet for
nonstandard
hardware.
Thanks again and whatever else you could add or direct me to ... to solve
this little
mystery ... would be greatly appreciated by me!!
Thanks again!
Andrew.

--part1_30.111525ad.27cdf978_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Doug,
<BR>I was trying to install FreeBsd4.2 and I am chalking it up to lack of support
<BR>on the
<BR>baseline image files that I am putting onto the 2 standard bootable "LINUX
<BR>floppies"
<BR>to bootstrap load a linux/unix/freebsd kernel into ram .... that works just
<BR>fine...
<BR>but the Sony CDROM cdu33a device ... does not seem to be supported by freebsd
<BR>or
<BR>by linuxpro5.4 or by easylinux2.4 ... which begs the question ... did i buy a
<BR>lemon
<BR>of a CDROM drive .. Or did Sony stop supporting it or no one has gotten
<BR>around to writing a driver or a special bootable kernel floppy image yet for
<BR>nonstandard
<BR>hardware.
<BR>Thanks again and whatever else you could add or direct me to ... to solve
<BR>this little
<BR>mystery ... would be greatly appreciated by me!!
<BR>Thanks again!
<BR>Andrew.
<BR></FONT></HTML>

--part1_30.111525ad.27cdf978_boundary--