Date:      Wed, 21 Apr 2004 08:28:05 +0200
From:      Remko Lodder <remko@elvandar.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipfilter allowing cvs

dave wrote:
> Hello,
>     I've got a problem allowing cvs traffic through my firewall. Whenever
> the firewall is up i get timeout errors, drop the firewall and everything
> works fine. I've got a rule that i would have supposed would have worked, it
> passes all traffic from my internal interface to the cvs server, all traffic
> external is allowed in, it's the internal interface that governs what can
> get to me. If anyone is running a cvs server behind a firewall, note, i'm
> using nat, please let me know your setup.
> Thanks.
> Dave.
Heya Dave,

Let's play this in a reversed order, what is your rule that enables the
usage of cvs in your network? (you are allowed to obscure the data ;))

I think there would be something like:

pass in quick on <if> from any to <my_int> port 2401 keep state

or something similiar.

Cheers

--

Kind regards,