Date:      Fri, 8 Mar 1996 01:21:06 -0600 (CST)
From:      Tatai SV Krishnan <tkrishna@bubba.ae.usr.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   3com pcmcia problem with free bsd

Hi...
I have one of your freebsd CDroms (freebsd 2.1 )  I am trying to install
the software on a Compaq lte 5000 notebook computer.  I am using your
standard boot disk, During the boot process the card is recognized as
3Com corportation~3C589~TP/BNC LAN Card Ver. 2a~0000002~
but then comes up with saying card not found at 0x300.  I configure the
card at 0x300 irq 10 and also saved the configuration to the card.  I
also made sure that the card is inserted before the boot.
For some reason the card is never initialized.

There is no problem with the card as the card is recognized with every
other operating system, including linux, windows95, windowsNT, Solaris X86.
I have all this operating system on the same PC ( I do have several
harddrives).

Please let me know if you can help and have my BSD running on my lap top.

Thanks

Krishnan

TSV Krishnan
1705 Victoria Drive