Date:      Tue, 29 Oct 2002 22:36:20 -0800
From:      chip wiegand <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   vmware vmnet doesn't exist after installing vmware port

I installed vmware2 and win2000 and it works fine in no network mode.
When I try to set up bridge networking I get an error that /dev/vmnet0
does not exist. When I look at ifconfig -a I see device vnmet1 is
configured, though it has a wrong network- 192.168.0.x, mine is
192.168.1.x.
I checked the vmware knowldedge base, that was quite useless. Searched
google, still no good.
Is there something I need to add to the kernel config?
Any ideas?
--
Chip