Date:      Sun, 07 Jan 2001 19:55:46 +0000
From:      John Murphy <john253@crosswinds.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   anonymous fetch?

I'm having trouble getting the ports system to work and I think the
problem is with the password which fetch uses when called by 'make
install'.

I've just found that I can make install lynx, but it's the only one
so far; the difference is that lynx fetches using a HTTP URL.  Any
which use a FTP URL seem to just time out eventually.

So the question is: where is the e-mail address set which fetch would
use for an anonymous file download when called by make install?

(FreeBSD-4.2 release through a '4.1 gateway)

Thanks
John.