Date:      Fri, 26 Sep 2003 12:58:10 -0400
From:      "Lanny Baron" <lnb@FreeBSDsystems.COM>
To:        "Glenn Johnson" <gjohnson@srrc.ars.usda.gov>, <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Something is wrong with the fxp network driver

Hi Glenn,
We have several FreeBSD boxes here. Some run -current and some run -5.1-P4
and all have fxp* and em*

You must have something else going wrong that is causing you the grief.
fxp0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        options=3<RXCSUM,TXCSUM>
        inet6 fe80::202:b3ff:fe96:c64b%fxp0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1
        ether 00:02:b3:96:c6:4b
        media: Ethernet autoselect (10baseT/UTP)
        status: active

The above is on:

gw-tor# uname -a
FreeBSD gw-tor.FreeBSDsystems.COM 5.1-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT #0: Wed
Sep 24 11:07:47 EDT 2003
root@gw-tor.FreeBSDsystems.COM:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/GW-TOR  i386

Because of our network setup, fxp0 does not have any ip address bound to it.

Check your logs, like I said, something else is causing the problem.

Lanny

Lanny Baron
Proud to be 100% FreeBSD
http://www.FreeBSDsystems.COM