Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 2001 17:59:33 +0200
From:      Stefan KORONKA <KoronkaS@interscope.ro>
To:        'David Xu' <davidx@viasoft.com.cn>, Lanny Baron <lnb@panda.FreeBSDsystems.COM>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: running M$ based Accounting programs with Wine

> I don't think so,  WINE can mimic M$ GDI api, USER API,
> Kernel API, but it can not mimic OLE and COM
> API,  it's too complex for WINE, many M$ programs use OLE and
> COM, let them work under WINE is impossible.
>
> David

I'm sure a saw some screenshots with VisualC and Excel running
under wine.  I was quite surprised when I saw that .. And this
two make use of COM/OLE, for sure ..

Anyway, programatically speaking, it shouldn't be that hard to
"port" the COM thing to other platforms (just some thoughts).

I didn't tried wine yet, and I dunno if i will try it soon ..
so, anybody here who use it ?!

stefan