Date:      24 Feb 1996 11:20:33 -0500
From:      robert@steffi.mnsinc.com (Robert Nicholson)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux/FreeBSD NFS performance.

<rminnich@Sarnoff.COM> writes:

>It's going to take some real work to make linux nfs run well. The server
>is in user mode -- no multiple nfs requests active (until they multhread
>it). also, user-mode means a couple context switches per request -- oops.

>Also linux networking performance is still way off the mark.

>ron

When using NFS for the sole purpose of sharing files a number of OS's
and only one user. What's the typical hardware configuration used?

ie. what machine makes a good NFS server when the number of users is 1?

--
                  "For I am Costanza, lord of the Idiots"
            (PGP key: send email with Subject: request pgp key)