Date:      Thu, 28 Oct 2021 22:13:29 +0200
From:      Adriaan de Groot <adridg@freebsd.org>
To:        "kde@FreeBSD.org" <kde@freebsd.org>, Aaron S <animortis@protonmail.com>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Update Kdenlive Pkg for ffplay dependency

--nextPart2888649.fspEBoepoX
From: Adriaan de Groot <adridg@freebsd.org>
To: "kde@FreeBSD.org" <kde@freebsd.org>, Aaron S <animortis@protonmail.com>
Cc: multimedia@freebsd.org
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 22:13:29 +0200

On Monday, 18 October 2021 18:22:04 CEST Aaron S wrote:
> Wanted to ask if on the next build we could update the kdenlive pkg to
> include the ffplay dependency? You can get this if you port it, but the pkg
> lacks this and kdenlive throws a message when you boot it. Thank you!

Hi! It took me some time to understand this -- there is no option in kdenlive
for ffplay, for one thing. Turns out that multimedia/ffmpeg has an option,
*SDL*, which is off by default. This option enables -- among other things --
ffplay. So I'm CC'ing the maintainer of multimedia/ffmpeg with this.

multimedia/kdenlive (ports in general) cannot depend on specific options in
other ports -- not until subpackages arrive will that be possible at all. At
that point, it **may** be possible to build multimedia/ffmpeg with all the
options and depend on specific ones from multimedia/kdenlive.

In short: this is something the ffmpeg packagers might be able to solve; on
the kdenlive side right now the best we could do is suppress the message.

[ade]