Date:      Thu, 30 Jan 2003 14:41:34 +0300
From:      "Sergey A. Osokin" <osa@freebsd.org.ru>
To:        "Georg-W. Koltermann" <g.w.k@web.de>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fxp0 device timeout on 5.0-RELEASE

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 11:07:06AM +0100, Georg-W. Koltermann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> on an HP Omnibook 6100 which ran -current about half a year ago
> successfully, I get fxp0 device timeouts after installing 5.0-R.
>
> The network interface does not work at all.  arp -an says "incomplete"
> for every host that I try to connect.

I have a HP Omnibook 6100 too, use -CURRENT and have some recommends
for you.
1) Do not use ACPI, use APM
Add to /boot/device.hints
hint.acpi.0.disable="1"

2) Do not use NEWCARD, USE OLDCARD
device pcic
device card 1

3) Put hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range="1" into your
/boot/loader.conf.local

4) In rc.conf
devd_enable="YES"
pccard_enable="YES"

--

Rgdz,                        /"\  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
Sergey Osokin aka oZZ,       \ /    AGAINST HTML MAIL