Date:      Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:48:13 -0500
From:      "Andrew L. Gould" <algould@datawok.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Maksym Marchenko <marchenk@in.tum.de>
Subject:   Re: ORiNOCO Wireless - troubles

On Wednesday 21 July 2004 08:39 am, Maksym Marchenko wrote:
> Hi!
>

> I have a Siemens 510 laptop with 128 MB RAM and 4GB HDD.
> It has no Network card onboard. So I have only wireless pccard
> ORiNOCO Silver.
> I had before Intel Wireless/PRO 2011B. This one was bad (for FreeBSD)
> Now I have ORiNOCO, but I can't make it working.
> It works in Linux, but I want FreeBSD.
> I have compile new kernel, but it says:
> CIS is too long - truncating!
> pccard0: Card has no functions!
> cbb0: PC Card card activation failed
>
> Can anybody say, what must I doing?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Look for information regarding your laptop brand/model, or similar
models, at:

http://gerda.univie.ac.at/freebsd-laptops/

What version of FreeBSD are you running?  I'm not familiar with the
laptop; but FreeBSD 5.* has problems with many of the older pcmcia
slots.  If you're running FreeBSD 5.*, consider:

1. recompiling the kernel using the OLDCARD kernel configuration file.
2. If ACPI is enabled, try booting with it disabled. (If it's disabled,
try booting with it enabled.)
3. You might also consider changing to FreeBSD 4.10, the production
version of FreeBSD.

Best of luck,

Andrew Gould