Date:      Tue, 12 Mar 2002 12:40:13 -0600
From:      "jogegabsd" <jogegabsd@yahoo.com>
To:        "Brendan McAlpine" <bmcalpine@macconnect.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Installation problem

If you're refering to the first kernel configuration, during the
installation process(the one that has, network,scsi devices, etc I can't
remember), there is no need that your ethernet appears in that list. If you
pass that configuration and take a quick look at the kernel messages(the
bunch of lines that appear after that) you can see if your ethernet card is
detected or not.
Now I'm saying asuming this.
That you don't end the installation process because of that.

Now if you reach the network configuration menu before you install FreeBSD
via ftp. well that's another story.

We all in the list will apreciate if you could me more specific on your
problem.
what version of BSD are you running?
some info about your NIC
Specifically what part of the installation process do you get?
do you finish?
stuff like that, so we will be able to help you.

HTH

Gerardo