Date:      Sun, 19 May 2002 13:05:10 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Paul Everlund <tdv94ped@cs.umu.se>
To:        MIkE <psyke@gmx.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: libmng

MIkE wrote:

> but when I try to make galeon, libmng fails with this error:
>   /usr/bin/tar: archive - EOF not on block boundary
>
> and many checksums are incorect,
> but my FreeBSD version is up to date
> (FreeBSD 4.5,Jan 28 2002, murray@....i386)

If you do 'cd /usr/ports/distfiles' and then 'more libmng-name',
where libmng-name of course is the name of the libmng-file, then
you probably will se some HTML. This indicates that the tar file
could not be found at the place pointed out by the port. If you
by ftp login and fetch the file from ftp.FreeBSD.org, put it in
the distfiles directory, then you should be able to compile it.

At least this is what I found out for myself, trying to install
libmng a while ago, and it worked.

Good luck!

Best regards,
Paul